How to Season a Cast Iron Skillet:
1. Turn on oven and begin preheating to 350˚.
3. Add 1 tbsp ghee, lard or tallow to the cast iron pan.
4. Place pan in the preheating oven for 5 minutes; allowing the fat to melt fully.
5. Using a potholder, remove pan with melted fat from the oven and tilt to allow fat to fully coat the bottom of the pan and up the sides. A pastry brush may also be used.
6. Return the pan to the oven for 1 hour.
7. After one hour, remove pan from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
8. After 10 minutes, use a folded paper-towel to remove the excess fat, allowing a light coating to remain.
9. Repeat often!